Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

The Famous Maori Myth Known Around The World.

Who is the famous man of Maori Mythology? Can you guess who it is? Well because I don't want you to think right now and just read I will tell you, It is... DRUM ROLL PLEASE! MAUI! I'm pretty sure you guys already knew that it was Maui because who else would it be? am I right? Any ways now you know who it is, have you guys read the story " Maui and the Giant Fish"? Well if not what are you doing, mark where you last read my blog and read the story it doesn't take that long, in fact here's a link for you so you don't need to waist time and search. Now that I know you read the story i'm going to tell you my favourite 3 facts from the story  about Maui and in the comments you could tell me yours whether they're the same or not. Well my first fact about Maui from the story is that his giant fish became known as the North Island of New Zealand! Second was that Maui's Canoe became known as the South Island of New Zealand. And lastly Maui was known as the BEST fisherman EVER! Even though it was only three facts they were quite interesting right? Now I have a question for you! Are there anymore stories that that you heard about Maui? I can't remember any so if you would like, drop a comment telling me more stories about Maui that I could read. Until next time good bye from Maui and I!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Heilala,
    What a lovely and informative blogpost about Maui. I see you spent hours finding information you feel that was interesting to us( The reader). I also love the creativity you have incorporated into your blogpost.I also forgot mentioned but I'm working with Hazel and her team on the SLJ. So have a great time blogging.P.S By the way,I may reccomend having the Summer Learning Journey as a Label
    -Leo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heilala,

    My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you during the Summer Learning Journey. It's great to see that you have started working on these activities. Well done!

    What a fun blog post you have here! I really like how you have linked in the story about Maui and a drum roll too! That made me laugh.
    Your facts about Maui are very interesting. Do you know why Maui was known as the best fisherman ever?

    If you want to read some more Maui stories (and it sounds like you do) here is the link to a story about Maui and the sun. It's another one of my favourite Maui stories.

    http://eng.mataurangamaori.tki.org.nz/Support-materials/Te-Reo-Maori/Maori-Myths-Legends-and-Contemporary-Stories/How-Maui-slowed-the-sun

    Let me know what you think!
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Heilala,

    My name is Emiely (pronounced “Emily”) and I work alongside Ruby at the Summer Learning Journey!

    I think you are a very entertaining writer and I really enjoyed reading your blog post about Maui! You ask lots of rhetorical questions that got me hooked into your writing. I found myself reading more and more because I wanted to find out the answers to your questions! Great work, Heilala! :)

    I also like how you have found a picture and added this to your blog post. This gives your blog post an interesting visual image and brightens it up.

    I like the movie Moana. Maui is in that too! Have you seen Moana and did you enjoy it?

    It is great to see you have made a start to the Summer Learning Journey! I know the Summer Learning Journey team have enjoyed reading and commenting on your blog. We can't wait to see what else you and Maui will blog!

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete